I grant permission for my artwork to be displayed at the First Parish Northborough Unitarian Universalist, located at 40 Church Street, Northborough, MA 01532 (“Venue”), as part of the Northborough CultureFest to be held on Sunday, September 22, 2019 (“CultureFest”).
- 1. The CultureFest will be held from 10:30am to 4:00pm. The Artist shall arrive at the Venue at 10:00am and shall remove all artwork, merchandise, equipment, trash, etc. from Venue no later than 5:00pm. The Artist should note that the Venue may be holding a Mass until 11:30am on the day of the event. Therefore, church parking spaces should not be used or blocked and any set up work shall be done in a quiet and respectful manner until after the Mass is dismissed.
2. The Artist hereby assumes all risks and hazards incidental to any participation in the display of their artwork at the CultureFest.
3. The Northborough Cultural Council (“NCC”) has the authority to determine what artwork is displayed and where it is displayed. Personal expression is encouraged; however, all artwork must be appropriate for viewing by all ages of the general public.
4. The Artist warrants and represents that he/she is the sole legal owner of all right, title and interest in all artwork and has the full right and authority to enter this Agreement and grant the rights granted in this Agreement.
5. The Artist is responsible for the delivery, hanging, display and return of his/her artwork.
6. The Artist shall be subject to following conditions:
A. If any guidelines, requirements or restrictions for selling are provided by the NCC to the Artist, the Artist shall follow these guidelines in their entirety;
B. The Artist must provide any tables, chairs, tent(s), staff, signage;
C. It is the responsibility of the Artist to operate and manage all artwork.
7. The Artist understands that the artwork is displayed at the CultureFest at the Artist’s own risk and that neither the NCC nor any of its members shall be responsible for theft, vandalism, fire, or any other damages or losses to the artwork. The Artist understands and agrees that NCC makes no representations or warranties regarding the level of security on the premises. The Artists understands and agrees that neither the NCC nor any of its members will be responsible for reimbursement or replacement of lost, stolen, or damaged items and that the NCC does not insure items such as the submitted artwork.
8. The Artist shall indemnify, save and hold harmless the NCC and its members from any and all claims, demands, causes of action and judgments, losses, costs and expenses, including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees, arising due to the negligence of Artist, their employees, agents or other personnel hereunder, including but not limited to any representation, warranty, term and/or condition of this Agreement.
9. The Artist agrees to grant to the NCC and its authorized representatives permission to video, film, and/or photograph (collectively, the “Material”) of the Artist’s participation in the CultureFest. The Artist further grants to the NCC and its authorized representatives permission to include the Artist’s name, likeness, voice and biographical information in promotional literature and advertisements for the CultureFest, including in any brochures for the Culture Fest, and in any future video, film, publications, brochures, or other printed materials used to promote the NCC, and further that such use shall be without payment of fees, royalties, special credit or other compensation. The NCC shall not use any of the Material for any “for sale” or commercial purpose whatsoever without written consent and approval by the Artist under a separate agreement.
10. The Artist shall provide biographical information and a photo of themselves (photo is optional) to the NCC no later than September 13, 2019. Artist is encouraged to provide the NCC with any such promotional material as the Artist believes will help represent him/her best in this effort.
11. No compensation shall be paid to the Artist for the display of his/her artwork.
12. In the event of inclement weather on September 21 or 22, 2019, or if the Applefest Parade is canceled, or another circumstance beyond the control of the NCC renders it is impossible or impracticable for the NCC to hold the CultureFest, the NCC shall have the right to cancel the CultureFest and the Artist’s participation in the CultureFest without payment to the Artist. Such cancellation shall not be deemed a breach of contract and shall not give rise to any cause of action against the NCC or its members.
I acknowledge that I understand the agreement and waivers described in this document, and I sign it of my own free will.